Resources for Responding to COVID-19
A strong safety net is more important than ever. Our thoughts are with community health centers and behavioral health organizations on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis and with the individuals and families impacted by this pandemic.
We’ve gathered resources from our partners and other organizations that may be helpful for primary care state associations, behavioral health state associations, and their members. The list below has information on policy and regulatory changes and resources specific to health centers and behavioral health organizations, including support for implementing virtual care.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources for Community Health Centers (NACHC) includes information, FAQS, and resources specific to health centers and FQHCs. Resources are included for emergency management, providers, operations, regulatory guidance, health center boards, health centers with elderly populations and PACE programs, and communities. NACHC also posts additional COVID-19 Resources on the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse.
- Behavioral Health Resources for COVID-19 (National Council for Behavioral Health) includes resources for the public, for behavioral health organizations, as well as general resources to support behavioral health care. Additional resources for NCBH members are available here.
- Practicing Virtual Care During a Pandemic (Center for Care Innovations) includes key resources for implementing telehealth in the safety net during the COVID-19 emergency, drawing on a decade of experience supporting virtual care. Resources include eLearning courses, toolkits, and job aids on telehealth, phone visits, texting, patient portals, remote monitoring, and design thinking. Additional resources from CCI are available here.
- Addressing the Needs of Medicaid Populations During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Center for Health Care Strategies) is a compendium of resources aimed at lessening the impact of COVID-19 on Medicaid populations, particularly those at the highest risk, for stakeholders at the state, health plan, provider, and community levels.
- Telehealth and COVID-19 Webinar and Toolkit (National Consortium for Telehealth Resource Centers)
- Statenetwork.org has policy-related resources related to leveraging Medicaid flexibility (in policy, regulation, and payment) to respond to the crisis.
- The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health is hosting weekly listening sessions with the 50 State Offices of Rural Health (SORH) to identify the challenges and opportunities that SORH are hearing from their constituents. These reports document the resulting identified rural challenges and concerns, innovative rural strategies, opportunities for collaboration, needed rural resources, and identified areas of concern or suggestions for SORH-managed federal programs.
The Delta Center and RWJF are committed to supporting grantees during this time.